This is a notice to let our customers know that there will be a price increase on various Healthy Mummy products as of October 9th 2020
This will not effect any subscriptions already in place and all pre existing prices will be held if you already have a subscription
We understand that this is not ideal and that money is tight for every mum and family and since we launched 10 years ago we have worked hard to keep costs low and value as high as possible with regular discounts and offers.
But due to the Supply chain issues encountered over Covid-19 and the increase in raw material costs we are reluctantly having to have a small increase on some products. But we are also very mindful of everyone’s budgets and are having regular sales to offer significant value to our customers – and you can see our current sale here with up to 90% off
As we really understand and appreciate how tight money is for every mum, we always run special offers to help with the cost of any purchase.
We also give a large permanent discount on the smoothies and this brings the smoothies to under $1.90 a serve – click here to get the deal
You can also buy the Smoothies from your local Healthy Mummy Consultant – find yours here
Behind the increase
Our raw material costs have increased our costs considerably over 2020 ( due to supply chain and increased raw material costs from the impact of Covid-19) and due to these costs we have have no choice but to slightly increase costs to be able to continue to give you the best service and products possible and still be able to run our business efficiently.
Unlike other shake based products, our smoothies contain whole foods and these are expensive – and also very good for you!
Our smoothies contain over 24 vitamins and minerals and we use NO FILLERS , no added sugar and no artificial ingredients – every single ingredient has health benefits and they also contain ingredients – such as flaxseed, pumpkin seed and psyllium hulks – which make the taste, flavour and results so different to other brands.
And even with this increase the smoothies are still one of the best value and lowest price product around. And you can see a full comparison with other brands too here.
Plus the smoothies contain no added sugar, are 96% sugar free and are 100% fructose free and do not contain any artificial sweeteners or ingredients
Why the smoothies are different
As our Healthy Mummy Smoothies are very different to other ‘shake’ based products, we thought we out outline why it is very different and what makes it unique.
We are also regularly recommend by Midwives, Doctors and Nutritionists every day
It contains wholefoods
The Healthy Mummy Smoothie contains wholefoods and over 25 vitamins and minerals. The product is high quality and every ingredient in the smoothie has been included to be a benefit to your health. Most shakes do not provide this high quality and do not use the wholefoods and high quality vitamins and minerals that we do – and instead top theirs up with sugar and fillers to bulk it out.
It is accelerant and filler FREE
We are proud to say that our Smoothie is free from any fillers and weight loss accelerators. Many weight loss shakes contain fillers and weight loss accelerants to trick your body into short term – and unhealthy weight loss. These artificial fillers make your tummy feel temporarily full are not natural and the long term effects are not yet known. They can also lead to a lot of the side effects associated with ‘shakes’.
It is breastfeeding friendly
We do not use any caffeine or weight loss accelerants in our smoothies so that breastfeeding mums can use it. We also included fenugreek in the smoothie to be an additional benefit – and if you are not breastfeeding, fenugreek can still be a great benefit to your health as it provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous. We have thousands of emails each month from mums on our plans who report improved milk supply from using our smoothies, but if your baby has any food sensitivities or suffers from colic we recommend talking to your Dr before changing your diet or using our products and plans.
It is dairy and free from wheat
Many people have allergies to dairy and wheat so our smoothie is free of both of these ingredients. We use non genetically modified Soy Protein Isolate which uses only the protein part of the soy
It is a formulated meal replacement & passes international standards
Our healthy mummy smoothie is a formulated meal replacement and has passed International Food Standards. It provides your body with over 25 vitamins and minerals and the focus is on optimal nutrition. Some other ‘shakes’ on the market are only a protein shake or supplement.
This means they cannot be used as a meal substitute as they do not contain enough nutrients and energy to fuel your body and consumers can often be mislead into thinking a product called a Shake is a meal replacement when it is not. You can see a comparison table with other shakes here
What ingredients are in the Smoothie?
The smoothies are free from artificial sweeteners, additives, fillers, caffeine and weight loss accelerants. They are also 96% sugar free and 100% fructose free
Included in our smoothies are:
- Apple pectin – a source of soluble fibre that forms gel naturally
- Rice bran fibre – a highly fibrous ingredient
- Cellulose – major component of cell wall in plants
- Psyllium husks – a water-soluble fibre to aid digestion
- Inulin – a natural vegetable fibre to aid digestion
- Flaxseed meal – healthy fats (omega3 fatty acids) & high fibre making it an ideal ingredient for post birth nourishment
- Pumpkin seed meal – adds bulk to assist a sense of fullness & contains a high level of essential fatty acids, protein, zinc & iron.
Protein For Health & Weight Loss:
- Soy protein isolate (non GM) – a complete protein low in fat with high digestibility. The protein is a soy protein isolate – which means the protein has been isolated
- Methionine 10mFg – important amino acid for normal metabolism
- Protease (from aspergillus) – group of enzymes that assist digestive process by breaking down proteins
- Soy lecithin 400mg (non GM) – emulsifying that can aid the digestive system
- Bromelain 5mg – enzymes from pineapple assisting protein digestion.
Herbs For Your Health – during a weight loss diet, herbs can help to maintain a feeling of general wellbeing:
- Ginger root – a spice often used to improve metabolism while soothing the stomach
- Fenugreek – Provides carbohydrates, dietary fibre, fats and minerals like iron, calcium and phosphorous. It also provides support for breastfeeding mothers
- Dandelion root – helps absorption of nutrients in “The Healthy Mummy” Smoothie and Rich in Vitamin A,C and B2, iron and calcium
LOW GI: as part of a weight loss diet, low GI foods help to release glucose more slowly leading to a more stable blood glucose level.
Natural ingredients in our smoothies help give a gentle sensation of feeling fuller for longer, helping to avoid eating large meals or over snacking. They help to bulk the stool & aid bowel eliminations.
You can also see more information on our range here
What ingredients are NOT in the Smoothie?
We are proud that the following ingredients are NOT in our smoothies
- No Added Salt
- No Weight Loss Accelerants
- No Chemicals
- No Phentermines
- No Phenylpropanolamine
- No Dairy
- No Wheat ingredients
- No Caffeine
- No Fillers
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Genetically Modified Ingredients
- No fructose
The price increase
- Healthy Mummy Smoothies (standard smoothies) are increasing from $59.99 to $61.99
- Healthy Mummy Kids Smoothies are increasing form $44.99 to $46.99
- Healthy Mummy brownie bites and balls increasing from $24.99 to $25.99
- Healthy Mummy Protein Powder is increasing from $65.99 to $66.99
- Healthy Mummy Super Greens is increasing from $44.99 to $46.99
- There will be no change to any other products
Want more information?
- Download our smoothie information fact sheet here
- You can Download the smoothie label and ingredient list here
- Download our Pregnancy smoothie factsheet here
September 1 2020