165 Calorie Spicy Mexican Pinwheels
If you love Mexican you’ll love this simple snack idea.
Fresh avocado is paired with kidney beans, tomato, cheese and spices to create these moorish snacks.
Frozen pastry is great to have on hand for making things like our Easy Spinach and Cheese Pie or our Sweet Potato & Caramelised Onion Quiche.
Both of these recipes are available for members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 400 g tinned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 sachet taco seasoning reduced salt
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup tasty cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place baking paper on the base of an ovenproof dish.
- In a food processor process the kidney beans and taco seasoning, adding a small amount of water until a paste forms.
- Spread the kidney bean paste over the thawed pastry sheet, leaving a 2cm border at the top and bottom of the pastry.
- Layer the sliced avocado over the kidney bean paste, then sprinkle the diced tomato and tasty cheese over the top.
- Gently pick up the bottom border of the pastry and firmly roll into a log.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 8 pieces and lay each pinwheel flat in your ovenproof dish.
- Cook until pinwheels are golden.
165 calories per pinwheel