3 Ingredient Salt And Vinegar Chickpeas
Here’s a healthy snack to keep on hand to feed the family !
These 3 Ingredient Salt And Vinegar Chickpeas are delicious, healthy, and best of all – easy to prepare.
Instead of tucking into a bag of less-than-healthy potato chips, these roasted crispy chickpeas give you the crunch that you love at just 127 calories per serve.
This recipe comes straight from our Healthy Easter Cookbook eBook.
Available now, it contains 57 delicious recipes to feed your friends and family over Easter. Check out the book in our shop HERE.
- 400 g tinned chickpeas
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place in a saucepan with the vinegar. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat as soon as boiling commences and allow chickpeas to soak for 40 minutes in the warm vinegar.
- After the 40 minutes, drain chickpeas of excess vinegar (liquid can be saved for another batch). Preheat oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread chickpeas in an even layer. Coat with olive oil and salt (to taste).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, shaking the tray every 10 minutes to make sure they are colouring evenly and not burning.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- To restore from frozen, defrost in fridge and heat in the oven.
127 calories per serve.
Check out the book in our shop HERE.