4 Ingredient Homemade Apple Jelly
When you and the kids fancy some jelly, there’s no need to reach for the brightly coloured sugary box of jelly crystals.
Just four ingredients is all you need to prepare this healthier version of a family favourite.
Use a juicer for the apple if you have one, or some fresh store-bought juice (any flavour will work) to create your dessert that is sure to get the thumbs up.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 2 cups fresh apple juice
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp powdered gelatine
- 1 tbsp honey
- Combine apple and lemon juices. Divide mixture in half.
- Add powdered gelatine to one portion of juice and set aside.
- Place second portion of juice in a saucepan with the honey.
- Bring to the boil, then add to the cold juice mixture and stir to dissolve the gelatine.
- Pour liquid into a shallow dish or jelly mould. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until completely set, then serve.
208 calories per serve.
Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.