Air Fried Chicken with Apple Salad
Have you been missing out on delicious fried chicken because you’ve dedicated this year to making healthier food choices? If so, then we have some good news for you, We have now an Air Fryer Chicken Recipe.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge’s NEW range of Air Fryer recipes (located in The Healthy Mummy App) fried chicken is back on the menu. Cooked by circulating hot air, rather than being deep fried in oil, you can now get the same amazing crunch and crispiness of your favourite fried food without all the extra calories.
It’s so good you’ll feel like you’re having a cheat meal, but at only 453 calories per serve you can be confident that you’re still on track to reach your health goals.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||1hr 35mins|
- 400 grams chicken breasts cut into fours
- 1/2 cup tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup butter milk
- 3/4 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Cooking oil for spraying
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1 Pink Lady apple thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, slowly mix buttermilk, tabasco sauce and chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- In another large bowl prepare the crumb mixture. Combine wholemeal flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, paprika, oregano and mustard powder. Set aside.
- Place a parchment liner in the air fryer basket.
- Remove a piece of chicken from the buttermilk mixture and place in the flour mixture, coating all sides of the chicken and shaking off any excess flour. Place the chicken pieces in the basket in a single layer.
- Cook chicken at 200C for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes turn the chicken and spray with olive oil. Return to the air fryer for a further 15 minutes.
- Slice the thickest piece of chicken open to ensure chicken is cooked through, if needed cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the chicken from the air fryer and allow to rest.
- Prepare the salad, place the baby spinach, sliced apple, red onion and lemon juice into a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve fried chicken and apple salad on the side.
267 calories per serve.
This Air Fryer Chicken Recipe is DIRECT from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
This Chicken Recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a yummy example of just SOME of the delicious, healthy and easy to make meals and snack you can tuck in to.
With over 4,500 recipes to choose from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge helps you eat well (and deliciously) with ease and while losing weight.
You can learn more about our Challenge HERE.