Baked Chicken Spaghetti
Just when you thought pasta couldn’t get any simpler. This delicious Baked Chicken Spaghetti (direct from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge ) is so easy, high in protein and just 369 calories per serve. What’s more, it’s budget-friendly at just $2.25 per serve!
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||60 mins|
- 250 grams wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil (15 mls)
- 1 red onion finely sliced (100 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced (6 grams)
- 500 grams lean chicken mince
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs (1 grams)
- 3 cup tomato passata (750 mls)
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese grated (160 grams)
- 3 tbs fresh basil leaves (10 grams)
- Cook spaghetti according to packet directions until al dente. Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned. Use a wooden spoon to break up any lumps.
- Add dried herbs, tomato passata and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened a little.
- Add spaghetti to sauce and toss to combine together well.
- Pour spaghetti and sauce into a baking dish and sprinkle over the mozzarella. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden and bubbling.
- Divide between six bowls and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves to serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This recipe contains 369 calories per serve.
See how easy it is to make here!
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for loads more great recipes like this Baked Chicken Spaghetti.