Banana & Strawberry Bread – Healthy Pregnancy Snack Ideas
Being a little organised when pregnant makes following a healthy pregnancy eating plan a lot easier. Having healthy snacks on hand, like The Healthy Mummy Pregnancy Smoothies, so you can grab a good choice when you need something in between main meals is a great idea.
This Banana & Strawberry Bread is a great variation on the usual banana bread recipes and can be frozen in individual slices so you can defrost and add to your lunch box at work or grab at home for a healthy pregnancy snack.
Recipe thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist.
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar/Natvia/coconut sugar your choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas roughly mashed
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 - 3 strawberries sliced and quartered
- Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine yoghurt, oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs. Add mashed banana (leave a few good chunks if you'd like a chunkier bread) and mix through well.
- Fold through flour and strawberries, without beating. If the mixture is a little dry (which it might be if your bananas are small), add a little extra oil.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf tin and place in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow bread to sit in the oven for a further 15 minutess before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack.
- Pre-slice and freeze for a perfect lunchbox treat.
163 calories per serve.
Disclaimer: Always speak to your doctor before changing your diet, taking any supplements or undertaking any exercise program in pregnancy. The information on this site is for reference only and is not medical advice and should not be treated as such, and is not intended in any way as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Our plans promote a healthy weight gain in pregnancy to benefit the mother & baby and you can read more on this here
The owners of The Healthy Mummy do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied and shall have no liability or responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained herein and nothing in this disclaimer will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.