Healthy and freezable big batch banana bread
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Dina Santos has shared her fabulous banana bread recipe which is perfect for afternoon tea.
It makes 12 pieces so it’s great to prepare it when you have friends coming over or you want to make enough for the whole family.
It also freezes well, so you could also freeze individual slices so that you always have healthy snacks on hand. You could also pop some in the kid’s lunchbox too as it is nut free.
- 1.5 cups whole oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas ripe and peeled
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips and sunflower seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place oats, coconut, egg, banana, maple syrup and baking powder into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin and top with the choc chips and sunflower seeds, if using.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing into 12 pieces.
150 calories per serve.
Want more delicious recipes like this one? Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
If you love baking, the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has hundreds of nutritious baking recipes that will suit you and the whole family. Think choc chip cookies, carrot cake slice, and even passionfruit muffins.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is LOADED with healthy recipes and treats that you can enjoy ALL WHILE losing weight, eating better and taking charge of your health.
Learn more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.