Blueberry banana and coconut muffins
For a delicious breakfast on the run, these sweet muffins are perfect. Sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie Wight, they’re sweetened with fruit and just a little maple syrup.
Cassie says ‘I love flexible snack recipes that can double as breakfast on the go or for a healthy school lunch box snack for the kids.
I have loved having one of these with my Heathy Mummy Smoothie on the way to work in the mornings.’
If you love muffins as a snack, you’ll be pleased to know there are STACKS of healthy muffin recipes in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Like the classic Raspberry Muffins, the savoury Zucchini and Corn Muffins, and even Sticky Pumpkin Muffins.
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 banana mashed
- 3/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line 8 large muffin tin holes with muffin cases.
- Place all ingredients except the frozen blueberries into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- Add frozen blueberries and fold through.
- Spoon mix into the muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
230 calories per muffin
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.