Light and fluffy blueberry and yoghurt muffins
If you’re often tempted by the berry muffins at the café, these are a must try.
Unlike the store bought muffins that are loaded with sugar and butter, these healthy Blueberry and Yoghurt Muffins are just 95 calories and made with healthy ingredients.
They are soft and light and not too sweet – perfect to enjoy with your afternoon cuppa. Make them nut free by switching the almond milk for your milk of choice.
This recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, where we offer family friendly recipes that will help you lose weight.
Find out more about the challenge HERE. Challenge members have access to so many fantastic muffin recipes, as well as slices, cookies and bliss balls.
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Combine egg, yoghurt, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla and coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Fold though blueberries.
- Sift flour and baking powder into liquid mixture and gently combine without over mixing.
- Spoon mixture into patty cases and pop in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through and slightly browned on top.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
95 calories each