Caramilk Rocky Road – under 200 calories!
Nothing says Christmas more than a delicious Rocky Road! And this recipe for Caramilk Rocky Road recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is the perfect homemade treat to enjoy during the festive season. Wha’ts more, it makes for a wonderful homemade gift for friends and family.
Healthy AND Indulgent Caramilk Rocky Road
This is a really easy recipe to follow and a great one to make with the kids. Indulgent melted Caramilk chocolate is mixed with shredded coconut, crunchy almonds and sugar free marshmallows.
There’s also a couple of other Christmassy and healthy ingredients that makes this recipe really special. Plus it’s low cal – just 187 calories per serve!
- Pistachios add a lovely colour and crunch and are a great source of protein along with being low calorie.
- Goji Berries have a heap of health benefits and offer a fruitiness to the rocky road along with a splash of Christmassy red.
Top Tip: Don’t save this recipe just for Christmas time, it’s one that you’ll enjoy all year round!
|Prep Time||25 mins|
|Cook Time||5 mins|
- 2 blocks caramilk 180g blocks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup sugar free marshmallows chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- Line a 20x20cm square slice tin with baking paper.
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat toast shredded coconut and almond flakes for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- In a large microwave safe bowl break up caramilk into large chunks and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments stirring each time with a clean, dry spoon to avoid burning, this should take 2-3 minutes.
- Once caramilk is melted and smooth, add toasted coconut and almonds, marshmallows, pistachios and goji berries, gently stir through until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared tray and flatten with spatula.
- Place into the fridge for 20 minutes to set. Once set, remove from tin and slice into 24 slices. One slice is one serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days.
187 calories per serve
Want more healthy options this Christmas? Grab our Festive Cookbook!
The Festive Cookbook is an absolute must have this Christmas.
The eBook features everything from how to stay on track during the silly season to dos and don’ts on alcoholic beverages. The book also features a range of healthy yet delicious recipes including Starters, Sides, Mains, Desserts, Smoothies, Leftovers and Cocktails. Grab yours here.
However, if you are more interested in accessing thousands of budget-friendly healthy recipes, a weekly meal plan in conjunction with daily exercise programs and workout videos then our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge may be for you.