Cashew Maple & Blackberry Tarts
These Cashew Maple & Blackberry Tarts make a healthy snack or sweet dessert that is packed with nuts, fruit and oats.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge there is no need to miss out on your favourite snacks. We recommend two to three snacks per day as well as your main meals.
If you love baking, we have cakes, muffins, tarts and bars that you can make on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Click here to find out more.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
- 6 pitted medjool dates or 50g dried dates soaked in boiling water for 15 min
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 125 grams blackberries
- 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- Do a very quick blitz on the almonds then add remaining base ingredients and blitz until well combined.
- Divide into 10 portions and press each portion into a silicone mould or small patty pan cases. Be sure to press the mixture up the sides as well as the base to form a cup using wet hands. The cups do not have to be very thick.
- Pop in the freezer to set while making the filling.
- Blitz cashews until they have completely broken down.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and blitz very well until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Remove cups from freezer and fill with blackberry mixture. Use any leftovers in your Healthy Mummy Smoothie.
- Pop in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
144 calories each