Virtually NO Carb Pizza – Yes – It Is True!
First there was the healthy eating recipe for making your own pizza dough.
Then, there was the 2 ingredient pizza dough recipe (just flour and yoghurt – who knew?).
Well today we have another great flour-free recipe for you to try – using grated cauliflower as the base!
That’s pizza with Virtually NO CARBS – it is made with cauliflower which has only 1.9g of carbs per 100g versus around 50g of carbs for 100g of bread based pizza – and is on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges
Yes you heard that correctly, you can sneak another vegetable into your day with this tasty pizza recipe.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper. Spray the paper with olive oil spray and place in the oven to heat up.
- Cut the cauliflower florets and discard the stalk.
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Place in a microwave safe container and cover with plastic wrap, microwave for 8 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool and then pour it into a tea towel.
- Wring the water out of the tea towel until your cauliflower looks dry. Place in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix with your hands.
- Place the dough on the baking tray and flatten out with your hands into a pizza shape.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown – this can take from 10-20 minutes depending on your oven so best to keep an eye on it.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Top with your favourite toppings – try tomato paste, red onion, red capsicum, sliced bocconcini cheese and a sprinkling of fresh chives.
- Bake in the oven until the crusts are golden and the topping has melted to your liking.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before slicing and serving.
Calories per serve (base only): 60
Check out our 28 Day Challenge here