Cheesy Taco Pasta
Italian meets Mexican in this tasty Cheesy Taco Pasta dish. Pasta is a great cost-effective way to bulk out meals for the family. Choose wholemeal or high fibre versions as often as possible.
This recipe is pulled from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is one of our favourite budget saving recipes that come in under $2.50 per serve!
If you want more delicious recipes like this join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 20 mls
- 1 red onion, diced 100 grams
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced 100 grams
- 2 cloves garlic crushed 6 grams
- 400 grams tinned brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red chilli, sliced 10 grams
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning, reduced salt 12 grams
- 2 cups water 500 mls
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes, diced
- 100 grams wholemeal pasta, any shape
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated 120 grams
- 1 cup plain corn chips, crushed 25 grams
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek natural yoghurt 65 grams
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped 10 grams
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, lentils, chilli and taco seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water, tinned tomato and pasta. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir through the grated cheese, until melted.
- Divide taco pasta between four bowls and top each with some crushed corn chips, a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of coriander to serve.
Recipe makes 4 serves at 345 calories per serve.
Want to access thousands of healthy recipes like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands of MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.