Chicken and Sausage Kebabs
Going camping and looking for a way to glamp up the regular sausage on the BBQ? Well these Chicken and Sausage Kebabs are the perfect camping recipe.
Going camping and looking for a way to glamp up the regular sausage on the BBQ? Well these Chicken and Sausage Kebabs are the perfect camping recipes that will turn your experience to a glamping one!
The chicken can be marinated ahead of time to assist with the faster preparation of this recipe.
|Prep Time||60 mins|
|Cook Time||7 mins|
- 100 grams chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 lean sausage of choice 35 grams
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 10 mls
- 1 clove garlic, crushed 3 grams
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika 0.5 grams
- 1/2 red capsicum 50 grams
- 1/4 red onion 25 grams
- 1 cup rocket lettuce 30 grams
- 1/2 tomato 50 grams
- 1/4 Lebanese cucumber 50 grams
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 mls
- You will need wooden or metal skewers for this recipe, 2 per serve. If using wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes before use.
- Dice chicken and marinate in half the oil, the garlic, paprika and lemon zest in a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Chop capsicum, onion and sausage into bite-sized pieces. Thread onto the skewers alternately with the marinated chicken pieces. Brush kebabs with remaining oil.
- Heat a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the kebabs on all sides until browned all over and the chicken is cooked through approximately 5-7 minutes. You can also cook the kebabs on a barbecue hot plate if desired.
- Dice tomato and cucumber and combine with rocket leaves and balsamic to create a side salad.
- Serve kebabs with salad.
356 calories per serve