Chicken rissoles and veggies
This budget friendly and healthy chicken rissole and veggies recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family, plus it's perfect for a meal prep!
Looking for a healthy and delicious meal for the whole family that won’t hurt the family budget? Check out this chicken rissole and veggie recipe, and the whole family will be pleased.
One great way to save money when organising your meals is by using mince Whether you choose minced chicken, beef, lamb or pork, they’re all great options to help save money and eat healthily.
Choose a lean mince to avoid excess saturated fats, and choose to prep simple meals like this with a big side of vegetables to help boost your immunity by increasing your intake of vitamins and minerals.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
- 400 grams lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 6 grams
- 4 spring onion, chopped 60 grams
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes 0.5 grams
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil 83.3 mls
- 2 cups broccoli 200 grams
- 2 medium carrot, sliced 140 grams
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed 240 grams
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken mince, garlic, onion and chilli flakes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Form the chicken mix into two rissoles per serve, flatten slightly and cook for 5 minutes on each side in the frying pan or until cooked through.
- While the rissoles are cooking, cut broccoli into florets and steam with carrot and beans on the stovetop or in the microwave until tender to crisp.
- Serve rissoles with veggies on the side.
399 calories per serve