Feed the family with this creamy honey mustard chicken & veggie bake
Here is a comforting meal that the whole family will be happy to tuck into. Packed with healthy veggies, it’s a winner-winner chicken dinner that heats up well for lunch the next day too. This creamy honey mustard chicken recipe comes from 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie Wight.
Cassie says, ‘I love budget meals like this that will feed the whole family. This meal is a perfect winter warmer that my crew LOVE.’
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for thousands of delicious family-friendly meals that will help you to lose weight in a healthy way. So what are you waiting for join us now!
- 500 grams skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed (450g)
- 1 zucchini cubed
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- In a microwave safe container, microwave the cubed sweet potato for 2 minutes until soft.
- Place sweet potato, capsicum, onion and zucchini into large bowl with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables onto a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan on high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and brown chicken thighs on both sides.
- Cut chicken thighs in half and place into food processor.
- Blitz on medium speed for a couple of seconds until chicken has shredded.
- Place shredded chicken in large bowl with honey, Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard and roasted vegetables. Carefully mix until combined.
- Pour mix into a baking dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.
- Place in oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
325 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes like this creamy honey mustard chicken recipe on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.