Chilli prawn and avocado macro bowl
Have you heard of a macro bowl? It’s a simple meal idea that we love on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A macro bowl is made by combining a healthy whole grain (like quinoa, brown rice, freekeh) with a protein of choice (chicken, beef, tofu, prawns, legumes, boiled eggs), some veggies (anything goes, cooked or raw is fine), plus some healthy fats (think avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil).
Put them all together and you can rest assured that you’ve got a balanced meal ready to go!
Packed full of wholesome nutritious ingredients they make a quick and easy balanced meal.
This tasty Chilli Prawn Macro Bowl recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie. Cassie says ‘This bowl only takes 20 minutes to make and is packed full of natural protein!’
Want more healthy meals in a bowl? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge! We’ve got tasty recipes like a Chicken Burrito Bowl, Thai Beef Quinoa Bowl or the Spiced Chickpea Nourish Bowl to help you lose weight without ever going hungry.
- 1 cup uncooked freekeh or use any wholegrain such as brown rice
- 300 grams raw peeled prawns
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 lime zested
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200 grams snow peas
- 200 grams sugar snap peas
- 1 avocado peeled and de-seeded
- Cook freekeh as per packet instructions.
- Place the raw prawns into a bowl with the chilli flakes, garlic, lime zest and sesame oil.
- Heat a large fry pan, and once the pan is hot carefully tip the prawns into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Steam the snow peas and sugar snap peas on the stove or in the microwave until tender crisp.
- Portion the freekeh, prawns and greens across 4 bowls, and serve with fresh lime and avocado.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
320 calories per serve
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.