Make Ahead Choc Almond Breakfast Bars For Busy Mornings
Some mornings you’ve just got to get up and get moving, so these bars will be a perfect breakfast option as you can make them when you have time and keep in the fridge. Kids will also enjoy these for a healthy breakfast treat.
This recipe comes from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and is a great example of a healthy breakfast for busy mums.
Full of fibre and healthy fats, these bars will keep you going until morning tea and are just 284 calories each.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are written by mums, for mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?
- 6 wheat cereal biscuit e.g. Weetbix
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 teaspoons cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a 20cm square cake tin, by lining with baking paper and lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Crush wheat biscuits with your hands. Combine with oats, almonds and sultanas in a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and combine with cacao/cocoa, honey and milk.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes until firm.
- Cut into 8 bars. 2 bars is 1 serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
284 calories per serve