Choc Chip Almond and Coconut Muesli Bars
How good do these look? The recipe for these yummy muesli bars was sent to us by Healthy Mummy community member Kimberly Hicks.
Shop-bought muesli bars are usually marketed as a healthy option but all too often can contain lots of added sugar. That’s exactly why Kimberly came up with this recipe. She says, “My eldest loves muesli bars and chocolate but I’m not so keen on the sugar content and hidden ingredients. We are all fans in this house. If you don’t like your muesli bars too sweet omit the honey.”
The 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has heaps of amazing muesli bar and snack recipes that are low sugar and perfect for when you’re watching your weight, plus are great for the kids lunch boxes.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup Coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees / 160 fan forced
- Heat the rice malt syrup and honey until bubbling (microwave 40 secs)
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl except 1 tbsp chocolate (required for top after cooking). Once rice malt mixture slightly cool add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer muesli bar mixture to 2- x 10 cm tray (line with baking paper). Pat down to flatten and transfer to oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes depending if you prefer crunchy or chewy muesli bar.
- Once cooled down, melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. Refrigerate for half-hour until chocolate is set. Cut into 12 squares. 1 square is a serving
- Store in a container for up to five days.
This recipe is 160 calories per serve.
KJ: 670.02, Carbs: 18.02, Sugar: 11.95, Free Sugar: 11.46, Fibre: 1.80. Protein: 3.06, Fat: 8.36, Saturated Fat: 3.09
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to lose weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- Over 450 at home exercise workouts (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Weekly customisable, family, and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to over 4,500 of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.