Choc-orange protein balls just 85 calories
Hands up who loves the combination of chocolate and orange? Yes, us too! These tasty protein balls are the perfect snack to enjoy between meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
This recipe was sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie.
She says “These choc-orange protein balls are not only absolutely delicious but have less than 2g of natural sugar each. With an added protein boost from The Healthy Mummy’s Chocolate Whey Protein Powder, your snack choice can’t go wrong.”
You can also use your regular Healthy Mummy Smoothie powder instead of the protein powder if you prefer. If you want to up your protein, you can look to the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for inspiration.
We’ve got recipes such as Strawberry and Banana Protein Pancakes, Nutty Crunch Protein Balls, and Hazelnut Protein Squares, just to name a few.
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 2 scoops Healthy Mummy chocolate whey protein powder or use chocolate Healthy Mummy Smoothie powder
- 1 large orange zested and juiced
- 40 grams dark cooking chocolate
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Place cashews (including the soaking water) into the food processor.
- Add oats, cacao powder, whey protein powder, orange zest and orange juice.
- Blitz on medium until combined.
- Transfer mixture into a mixing bowl and place into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Use wet hands to roll the mixture into 20 balls.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
85 calories each
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.