Choc Vanilla Blueberry Marble Cake Recipe
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Carley Hill has sent us this gorgeous recipe for an easy vanilla sponge cake recipe.
Blueberries are a sweet superfood and if you love baking, you’ll love this recipe and heaps more healthy options on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 2 2/3 cups self raising flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup stevia
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 90 grams butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk of choice or Greek yoghurt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder for top layer
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a slice tin or shallow tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into mixing bowl, then add Stevia and chia seeds.
- In a small microwave proof bowl melt the butter, then add the vanilla and milk. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking as you go until it’s bubbly.
- Pour wet mixture into the mixing bowl with dry ingredients, gently folding until combined. If it’s too dry add a little more milk.
- Once combined, pour half the mixture into the tray and spread evenly. Sprinkle blueberries on top and set aside.
- With the left over mixture, stir in the cocoa powder and spread evenly on top of mixture in the tray.
- Place tray in the oven and turn it down to 170C.
- After 20 minutes check to see if it is ready – if a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. You may need another ten minutes cooking time depending on your oven.
- Allow to cool in the tray before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into 12 pieces and store leftovers in an airtight container.
168 calories per serve
Love the sound of this delicious easy vanilla sponge cake recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
As a member, you’ll have access to recipes such as Mango Coconut Cake, Healthy Lemon Cake or Classic Chocolate Cake.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.