Delicious And Healthy Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake
Do you love cheesecake but think you probably shouldn’t be eating it? We can help.
Making your own healthy desserts is a great way to indulge without the excess calories, fat and sugar found in commercial products.
While this isn’t an excuse to go wild and (ahem) eat a whole cheesecake – you can definitely serve this up to your family and friends and enjoy a slice with them. They won’t even know it’s a healthy version.
Healthy Mummy community member Pia has sent in this incredible dessert recipe. It’s perfect to enjoy on a special occasion even if you are taking part in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 180g shredded wheatmeal biscuits try Arnott's brand
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 100 g coconut oil
- 50 ml water approx, use more or less as needed
- 12 g gelatin
- 30 ml boiling water
- 250 g pack of light cream cheese
- 375 g tub of light smooth ricotta
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Coco2 spread extra
- Blitz all of the base ingredients and press into a 20 cm springform pan making sure to go as far up the sides as you can. Use a glass to get a smooth even base. Refrigerate.
- To make the filling, sprinkle gelatin over boiling water, mix well and leave to cool. Combine remaining ingredients (excluding Coco2 spread) in a food processor, adding gelatin mix once combined. Mix in gelatin thoroughly and pour over chilled base.
- Dollop small amounts of Coco2 spread evenly around the filing and use a skewer to swirl.
- Set in fridge for at least a few hours, overnight if possible.
- To serve, break off and crumble the excess bits of base from the side of the pan.
Recipe makes 12 serves, 240 calories per serve
If you would like more recipes for healthy treats and crowd-pleasing desserts, be sure to check out our Guilt Free Chocolate Treats and Baking Cookbook, available from our shop.