Chocolate hazelnut muesli bars
Better make a double batch of these tasty muesli bars – one taste and you’ll see why!
Unlike store bought muesli bars, these homemade ones contain no added white sugar or preservatives. Sweeten with rice malt syrup (or use honey if you prefer).
A great after school snack for the kids too – they’ll love the sticky sweetness.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you can enjoy thousands of healthy recipes like this.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge today and access tasty snack recipes like bars, slices, bliss balls and healthy muffins.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cacao
- Preheat oven to 150C and line a square 20cm x 20cm pan with baking paper. Line a baking tray with baking paper too.
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drain well.
- Evenly spread oats and hazelnuts on the baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- Blitz dates, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and cacao until smooth.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until well combined.
- Press into prepared pan and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool then cut into 12 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
144 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.