Chunky Apple and Cinnamon Pikelets
When is a pikelet NOT just a pikelet? When it’s a Chunky Apple and Cinnamon Pikelet!
These delicious little discs are packed full of low GI carbs and healthy fibre, thanks to the wholemeal flour and apple combo and make the perfect addition to the lunch box (or for morning tea with a cuppa).
Love pikelets and other baked goodies? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge have access to loads of recipes like Hot Cross Pikelets, Passionfruit Pikelets and Healthy Caramel Slice. YUM!
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbps pure maple syrup
- 3 apples peeled and diced
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Place diced apples, water and ¼ tsp cinnamon into small pot, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes until apple’s have soften and water has almost completely evaporated.
- Place wholemeal self-raising flour, maple, baking powder, ½ tsp. cinnamon, milk, egg and half the cooked apples into a large bowl whisk until combined.
- Place 1 tsp of coconut oil into a large non-stick pan heat on medium heat. Spoon pikelet mixture into pan and allow bubbles to come to the surface before flipping and cooking until golden on both sides, continue with remaining mixture.
- Once cooked top each serve with remaining apple and enjoy.
Makes 4 serves with 3 pikelets per serve at 265 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands of MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.