Coconut and Apricot Protein Balls
Protein balls are an excellent way to pack extra protein into your day – plus, they’re delicious! We often use protein balls like this as a quick afternoon tea in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Protein cookies or balls can be made with any number of ingredients, such as rolled oats, Healthy Mummy Smoothie Mix, nuts and dried fruit, and they can be easily adapted according to your personal tastes.
These simple protein balls are packed with flavour – vanilla, coconut, apricot and cinnamon. They have just over 8g of protein each.
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds such as flax seeds and hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or runny honey
- 2 tbsp finely diced dried apricots
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp water
- Place the coconut butter into a small jug. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Place the coconut butter, mixed seeds, smoothie powder, maple syrup, apricots, cinnamon and water into a food processor and pulse until the ingredients are combined. Alternatively, mix everything together using your hands.
- Press the ingredients together into a rough dough and shape into balls.
- Chill the balls before serving.
Recipe makes 4 balls at 117 calories per ball
If you love protein balls and bliss balls, we’ve got plenty of delicious recipes available as part of our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.