Under 200 calorie Cranberry & Bacon Scrolls
Here’s a festive take on a cheese and vegemite scroll! Swapping out the cheese and vegemite for bacon, cranberry and mozzarella! Yum! Straight from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, this recipe is the perfect snack to enjoy around Christmas time without ruining your health and weight loss plans.
Using greek yoghurt and wholemeal flour for the dough, this recipe has no yeast so no waiting for the dough to rise. They’re really easy to make in a muffin tin and are just 198 calories each. Top Tip: make a double batch as they’re so tasty they’re won’t last long!
- cooking oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 150 grams diced bacon finely diced
- 2 spring onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup light milk
- Preheat oven to 180C and spray a 12 hole muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Combine the greek yogurt and flour in a large bowl and bring together with your hands.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough for around 5 minutes until it feels stretchy. Add a little more flour if it seems too wet.
- Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough out to form a rectangle.
- Smear cranberry sauce over the dough, top with bacon, spring onion and cheese.
- Tightly roll up to form a long roll. Slice roll into 1 inch chunks, you should get 12 pieces.
- Place a scroll in each muffin hole and brush with milk.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- One scroll is one serve.
- Store cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
198 calories per serve
Want to access thousands of healthy snacks like this one?
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.