Curried Chicken Zucchini Boats
We all know how important it is to pack our plates with veggies, but sometimes it can feel a bit repetitive. These delicious Curried Chicken Zucchini Boats use zucchini as the ‘boat’ base, meaning that you’re already getting a serve of vegetables before you’ve even added any additional ingredients. It’s genius!
This nifty twist on a traditional Italian themed meal is easy to prepare and can be modified to suit your tastes and the ingredients you have available. Curried Chicken Zucchini Boats make the perfect lunch or light dinner when you’re trying to incorporate plenty of healthy meals into your day or taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Try serving up these veggie-filled boats with brown rice or quinoa and a crisp green salad for a complete meal.
- 4 small zucchini
- 300 grams chicken breast fillets diced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup button mushrooms diced
- 3/4 cup reduced fat grated cheese
- 2 tbsp Keens Curry Powder
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a frypan, heat your oil then add the garlic and onion and pan fry until fragrant.
- Add in the diced chicken and curry powder and brown the outside.
- Add in the mushrooms and heat for a further 10 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini length wise and lay the curved side onto a lined baking tray. With a spoon, scoop the seeds out of the zucchini.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly into the zucchini groove and sprinkle some of the cheese on top. Place the zucchini into the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Recipe makes 4 serves with 310 calories per serve
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?