Secret ingredient double chocolate honey and maple loaf
Double Chocolate Honey and Maple Bread Recipe. Being nut-free means it’s also a great lunchbox treat for the kids and it has a secret ingredient.
For a healthy nut-free loaf that is perfect for afternoon tea, this Double Chocolate Honey and Maple Bread is a must-try.
Enjoy this as part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – you could even make a batch and freeze single portions to use throughout the week.
Being nut-free means it’s also a great lunchbox treat for the kids.
Thank you to Rebecca Bunting for submitting this delicious recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 3 small zucchini or 2 medium
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup plain wholemeal flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 9 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C, grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a bowl grate the zucchini, then add the eggs, vanilla, oil, honey, maple syrup and cocoa. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder and bi-carb. Mix to combine.
- Transfer flour mix to the wet mix and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for around 60-75 minutes (depending on your oven), or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes and then cool on the rack until just warm. Then slice and enjoy.
191 calories per serve
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this?
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.