Easy Cheesy Fritters With Lemon Yoghurt Dip
It can be tough to please kids at dinner time especially if you have fussy eaters, and many may reject the healthy options that are offered to them.
If you are a member of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge you’ll know that the meals are family friendly and totally customisable. So even if you have to tailor your weekly menu to suit yours or your family’s tastes, we’ve got you covered.
This recipe for Easy Cheesy Fritters is a nutritious, low calorie menu option that the kids will enjoy. You can also see more kid-friendly recipes like this in our Healthy Kids Cookbook.
This recipe is totally customisable, so feel free to switch the veggies to what you have on hand. You could even use canned corn or frozen peas if you haven’t got much in the crisper.
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
- Cracked pepper
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 lemon
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- Combine the wholemeal flour, cracked pepper, carrot, cheese and egg in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into small-medium sized balls, then flatten into fritters.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, and lightly fry the fritters in batches, a few minutes each side, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt with the juice of the lemon and stir.
- Serve the fritters with a dollop of the lemon-yoghurt on top, and some sliced avocado.
Recipe serves 2 at 369 calories per serve.
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.