Eggplant boats stuffed with veggies and savoury mince
Enjoy mince, vegetables and rice stuffed into eggplant boats for a nutritious and easy to prepare meal.
Feel free to use any mince that you prefer – turkey, beef, lamb or chicken will all work well.
This recipe is from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and makes the most of tinned and frozen veggies.
For more information on losing weight the healthy way, CLICK HERE to read more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 2/3 cup microwavable brown rice
- cooking oil spray
- 2 eggplants
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 320 grams lean turkey mince
- 2 cups frozen peas and corn
- 2/3 cup tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Prepare microwavable rice according to packet directions.
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly spray the bottom of a baking dish with oil.
- Place the eggplant halves, flesh side down, on the baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven. Scoop out the majority of the inside flesh, and set aside.
- Place a small non-stick frypan over a medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mince and cook thoroughly for 7-8 minutes. Add the peas and corn and cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add in the scooped out eggplant flesh to the pan, along with the tomato, dried herbs and prepared rice. Stir through to combine.
- Fill the eggplant boat with the mince mixture and serve.
374 calories per serve