Feta, leek and spinach mini quiche just 115 calories
This mini quiche recipe is great for a fast dinner or lunch. Pair with your favourite side dishes such as Greek salad or lightly steamed veggies.
They also work well when served cold in the lunchbox – and feel free to tweak the veggies that you use to use up what you have on hand.
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we have loads of great mini quiche recipes that can be enjoyed while you lose weight. For instance there’s one with sweet potato and caramelised onion and a vegetable and brown rice one too.
- 1 leek
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 80 grams chopped spinach approx. 2 cups when chopped
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 80 grams feta
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut off roots and dark green section of the leek and discard. Slice lengthways and clean any visible dirt from the leek then make crosswise cuts across remaining leek.
- Heat oil in fry pan then add leek. Saute over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until soft.
- Add spinach and feta and cook until the spinach is wilted, then set aside.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Fold in leek and spinach mix.
- Lightly grease silicone muffin moulds with olive oil spray.
- Fill the moulds with mixture until three quarters full.
- Cook in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tray before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
115 calories per serve
You could enjoy this recipe with the whole family, even if you are following the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Each month our weight loss challenges are themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.