Freezer-friendly veggie packed yellow chicken curry recipe
Here is a fantastic yellow chicken curry recipe from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that is packed with fresh vegetables.
We love recipes like this that you can make double of and freeze for those busy nights.
This is a mild curry loaded with flavour, making it a wholesome meal for the entire family.
For more healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 500 grams chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 400 mls reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce salt reduced
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 4 wholemeal Mountain Bread Wraps
- Dice the chicken. Cut the broccoli into florets. Cut beans in half and slice the carrots. Finely grate the ginger and mince the garlic.
- Add the oil to a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and sauté ginger, garlic and curry paste for a minute.
- Add broccoli, beans and carrot and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Add chicken and fry for another minute until just starting to brown.
- Add coconut milk, water, chopped tomato and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has started to thicken.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, sliced spring onion and serve with Mountain Bread.
- If freezing, allow the curry to cool on the bench before placing in a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 2 months.
382 calories per serve