Fresh and Tasty Southwest Chicken Salad
If you’re craving something cool for dinner then this fresh And Tasty Southwest Chicken Salad is the recipe for you.
We love putting a tasty spin on the traditional salad. With the right ingredients, your salad never needs to be boring. This delicious recipe is direct from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge too!
Quick and easy to prepare, this salad is the perfect light lunch or dinner for the whole family. Give it a whirl this week!
- 480 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 green capsicums sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or tinned
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup coriander chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 cups cos lettuce
- Olive oil spray
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray with cooking oil spray and add chicken. Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Set aside then slice when cooled slightly.
- Combine capsicum, corn kernels, tomato, cos lettuce and coriander in a serving bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, cumin and paprika and whisk or shake to make a dressing.
- When ready to serve, top salad with chicken and avocado slices and dollop with dressing.
Recipe makes 4 serves with 388 calories per serve.
Access thousands of recipes on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
You can find out more about the Challenge HERE.