Healthy Chocolate And Peanut Butter Cookies
If you are looking for a decadent but healthy snack and are a lover of all things chocolate and peanut butter – then these Healthy Chocolate And Peanut Butter Cookies are going to blow your mind!
Quick and easy to make, super tasty and much healthier than the processed biscuits you can buy in the shops, they’re the ideal cravings buster when you’re working towards your wellness goals or taking part in the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
We hope you enjoy these delicious little bites! Not a peanut butter fan? You could always sub almond or another nut butter in to replace the peanut ingredient.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp stevia powder
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp rice malt
- 1/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Glaze
- Preheat an oven to 180C (fan-forced), line a large cookie tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor place the oats and grind until a fine flour is formed. Tip the oat flour into a large bowl along with the spelt flour, almond flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Give a quick stir to incorporate the ingredients together.
- Gently heat the rice malt syrup in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until it is runny. Add to the dry ingredients along with the apple sauce, oil, vanilla, egg and almond milk. Mix the ingredients together until a stiff dough is formed. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag with a large end.
- Pipe donut size circles onto the lined cookie tray. Smooth any edges or bumps on the top with a spatula. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let the cookies completely cool before icing.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the peanut butter, salt and rice malt syrup. Heat in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds or until runny enough to drizzle.
- Stir together and drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Recipe makes 8-10 cookies with 123 calories per cookie
You can freeze the un-iced biscuits in an airtight container for 1-2 months.
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.