Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake
At the Healthy Mummy we LOVE healthy treats and we love a balanced approach to eating. It is that philosophy that forms the backbone of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge (next round is starting soon – find out more here). This delicious Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake is a perfect example of how we integrate sweet treats into a healthy diet.
This totally indulgent cake takes its inspiration from the traditional chocolate mousse torte, but instead of a high percentage of sugar, butter and other high calorie components, uses whole food ingredients and is free from refined sugar. Whip up this delicious Healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake and enjoy indulging in a healthier way!
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 8 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 300 g hazelnuts soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 4 tbsp almond milk/ or milk of choice
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- To make base, mix coconut oil, desiccated coconut, cacao and syrup until thoroughly combined. Press into dish and refrigerate to set.
- Drain and rinse soaked hazelnuts. Place in food processor and blitz until finely ground.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, salt and milk. Process until soft and creamy.
- In a saucepan over a low heat, melt coconut oil and cacao. Add to hazelnut mixture and combine.
- Spoon mixture over cake base, smooth top and refrigerate till firm.
Recipe makes 12 serves at 357 calories per serve
Want more sweet treats and baking recipes like this? Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challengeis packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.