Healthy Gluten Free Breakfast Granola
Starting the day with a good breakfast is imperative to a healthy diet. If you start the day badly it can have a knock on effect for the day. This delicious gluten-free granola recipe comes from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and you can see why it’s so popular.
This granola recipe is a healthy breakfast that is packed with nutrients and has NO added sugar like many of the shop-bought varieties.
As this recipe serves 6, prepare it ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge, that way you’ll have an easy and nutritious breakfast for almost every day of the week.
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat seeds 90 g
- 1 cup shredded coconut 100 g
- 1/4 cup black or white sesame seeds 45 g
- 1/2 cup walnuts 80 g
- 1 cup puffed rice 25 g
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds roasted (90 g), pepitas
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil 20 mls
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mls
- 1 tsp salt 1 g
- 2 tbsp maple syrup 40 mls
- 1/4 tsp cardamom 0.25 g
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg 0.25 g
- 1.5 cups reduced-fat milk of choice 375 mls
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine all the ingredients, excluding the milk, in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes until golden. Granola will crisp as it cools.
- Cool completely on tray before placing in an airtight container in the pantry to store.
- This recipe makes 6 serves, 1 serve is 60g (approximately 2/3 cup) of granola with ¼ cup of milk.
290 calories per serve.
This gluten-free granola recipe is one of many amazing breakfast ideas from the Healthy Mummy and you can use it in so many different ways. Adding fresh fruit and yoghurt is our favourite.
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has over 2,000 amazing healhty recipes to help you lose weight safely.
We have created our easy to follow Comfort Eating Weight Loss Plan to show you what an average week of healthy but hearty eating can look like. We have also created lots of additional comfort food recipes that you can incorporate into your weekly meal plan – all of which are very family-friendly too.
Check out more recipes in our Comfort Food eBook HERE.
Are You Ready To Become A Healthy Mummy?
If you’re looking for more easy, low-budget, healthy meals like this, you’ll love our Winter Weight Loss Challenge.
You’ll have access to 3,000 recipes, 28 days of customisable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans each month as well as daily mum-friendly exercise plans.
Thousands of mums take part in our challenges every month and have lost 2 million kilos between them!
Prices start from less than a dollar a day. Learn More Now