Healthy Homemade Milo
This is a great recipe to make and store in the cupboard to use as needed. Use it to make a cold drink for afternoon tea, to add to your Healthy Mummy Smoothie or even for a hot drink for the kids.
A much healthier and nutritious version of the traditional store bought Milo.
It’s packed with healthy nuts and seeds which will satisfy you and keep you feeling fuller for longer. Enjoy this as part of your meal plan (we love it as an evening snack) on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Homemade Milo Recipe
- 1/2 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 2 tbsp pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup organic cacao or cocoa powder more if desired
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar more if desired
- Add all nuts and seeds to a high power blender and blend until they become a fine powder. A coffee grinder would also be great for this if you want it extra fine but it still works if a little crunchy.
- Add cacao powder and coconut sugar and mix thoroughly. Test a little in some milk and add more cacao or coconut sugar to taste.
- Use about 1 tbsp in a glass of milk of your choice and stir briskly.
- Please note the mixture will not dissolve completely like normal ‘Milo’ because of the nuts and seeds.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months in the fridge - and can also be stored in the freezer.
Recipe makes 35 serves at 48 calories per serve
For more healthy meal and snack recipes, join thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Get more recipes just like it on our 28 Day Challenge
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge gives you a meal plan, exercise routine and tips and advice to help you be the best version of yourself.
Do you find yourself victim to emotional eating? Take the stress out of putting so much emphasis on food and diet and try our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which has been described by 100,000’s of mums as a lifestyle change!
With a weekly meal plan consisting of 3 main meals and 3 snacks – The Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help you stick to a healthy food plan and hit your weight goals.
You can find out more or join the 28 Day Challenge HERE.