153 calorie healthy no bake peppermint choc slice
Sometimes, you just can’t be bothered to spend ages cooking up a healthy snack.
That’s where this No Bake Peppermint Slice recipe can help – after processing all of the ingredients and placing them in a tin, all you need to do is pop it all in the freezer to set. Too easy!
We love recipes like this from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge that make it easy for mums to have delicious healthy treats in no time.
Why not add this to your meal plan for next week?
- 2 cups cashew nuts unsalted
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates fresh
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Process the cashews in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder and process until well combined.
- Then, add the dates, desiccated coconut, peppermint extract and coconut oil and process until a sticky dough is formed. Add a splash of water if needed to allow the dough to form.
- Spoon mixture into a lined loaf baking tin and press down to make it an even base.
- Precut into 14 even pieces.
- Place into the freezer for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- One piece is one serve. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
153 calories per serve
If you would like more sweet treats and baking recipes like this, our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is packed with delicious ideas that can be enjoyed as part of a healthy lifestyle.