Healthy homemade “Twix” bars just 100 calories
Hands up if you love the chocolate caramel biscuit combination in a Twix bar?
Keep your hands up if you want to enjoy a healthier version that you can make yourself from store cupboard ingredients?
Today we have this fabulous Twix Bar recipe sent in by 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Erin McCrae.
The whole family will enjoy this healthy treat – why not make some today?
As part of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you can still enjoy a treat while you lose weight. Members have access to hundreds of recipes – including some that are a healthy version of your favourite chocolate bars.
Think healthy Cherry Ripes, Bounties and Mint Patties!
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 50 grams melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup dried dates softened in hot water for 10 mins
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Mix all base ingredients together. Add water if needed to bind it together properly. Press down firmly in a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 mins until golden.
- Drain water from the dates. Blitz all caramel ingredients together until smooth in a food processor. Smooth over the top of the cookie base once it has cooled.
- Melt dark chocolate and mix in the coconut oil. Drizzle or smooth over the top of the caramel layer.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Slice into 20 bars and then keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
100 calories per bar
For more sugar treats – join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a program designed to help busy, tired mums tackle their health, weight and fitness.
With thousands of family-friendly recipes (including delicious, sugar-free treats), hundreds of at-home workouts and 24/7 support – the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is helping thousands of mum lose the baby weight and ramp up their confidence.
Our program is affordable, breastfeeding friendly and fully customisable.
For more information on our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.