Homemade Sesame Seed Bars
Making your own snacks to include in your healthy eating plan is a great way to ensure your pregnancy weight loss isn’t derailed by snacking on high calorie foods.
When the need for a snack strikes, having your own healthy, home made snacks on offer is a great way to avoid processed, high- sugar, low-nutrition snacks like chocolate bars, packaged cakes and tubs of ice cream.
These sesame bars are super simple to make, require no baking and are great to take to work, serve at parties or have on hand when the afternoon snack attack strikes!
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Combine the sesame seeds, almond meal, coconut and salt in a large bowl.
- Fold in the coconut oil, honey, tahini and vanilla essence and stir to combine.
- Once the mixture has been well combined, put the mixture into a large baking tray or dish.
- Use your fingers (or the back of a spatula) to press the mixture down into the dish or tray, so that it's compacted and there are no gaps.
- Cover with a lid or cling film, then put in the freezer to set.
- Remove the tray from the freezer after an hour, and allow to slightly thaw, then cut into squares or rectangles and serve immediately.
Calories per bar: 225