Honey Soy Chicken Stir fry Recipe
If you love the combination of sweetness, salt and crunch, this simple Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry recipe will be right up your alley.
28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie has shared this fantastic recipe with us, and suggests serving it with brown rice.
Cassie packaged it up into single serve portions to keep in the fridge to reheat for a fast and healthy lunch for the week.
Planning ahead like this means you can reach for a nutritious meal when you’re ready to eat, rather than being tempted by less than healthy choices when your ‘hungry brain’ is looking for a quick fix. Enjoy our Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry recipe!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Slice all vegetables and steam until tender but still slightly crisp.
- Cut chicken into cubes and mix with freshly minced garlic.
- In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce and honey, then set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in large fry pan or wok, and brown the chicken until cooked through.
- Add sesame seeds and stir continuously for 1 minute.
- Add steamed vegetables and the sauce.
- Stir for 1 minute to heat through.
- Serve with cooked brown rice.
450 calories per serve
More on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Love the sound of this delicious recipe? Want access to thousands and thousands MORE healthy recipes just like it? Then be sure to check out our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is a family-friendly, breastfeeding-safe program designed FOR MUMS to help them tackle their health and lose the baby weight.
Every week you are given a different meal plan to follow and each month we add 300+ NEW recipes to our Challenge Recipe Hub. That way, you’ll never get bored and stay on weight loss track while digging into healthy, yummy recipes.
Learn more about our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.