Lime, Coconut & Sour Cream Cupcakes
If you are craving a cupcake, this healthy recipe is a must-try. Using honey to sweeten them means there is no white sugar added. They’re perfect for the lunchbox too as they are nut free.
A big thank you to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Erin McCrae for sharing this lovely recipe with us.
Find out more about the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge HERE.
- 150 grams light sour cream
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon desicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 tub light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind to decorate
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and use electric beaters to mix for 1 minute.
- Spoon into cupcake trays that have been sprayed with olive oil (or use cupcake cases).
- Bake at 160C for 12-15 mins
- Mix together and dollop a small amount on top just before serving, once the cupcakes have fully cooled.
- Grate a bit of lime zest on top for decoration
156 calories each