Mexican inspired shredded chicken pita taco
If you’re a fan of all the Mexican inspired meals on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, you’ll absolutely love this Mexican Inspired Shredded Chicken Pita Taco.
Whether it’s for a family dinner or a meal prep cook up for your lunch for the week, this meal is prepared and cooked within 30 minutes!
Thanks to 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge member Cassie for sending this in.
Cassie writes, ‘I love balanced dishes like this with the high protein from the chicken and black beans, the vitamins and minerals from the fresh salsa and the carbohydrates for energy from the wholemeal pitta. It’s a winner at my house!’
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for more Mexican meals such as Mexican Soup, Nachos for One, or Mexican Pork Fajitas.
- 1 red capsicum diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/4 bunch coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 300 grams chicken breast sliced in half lengthways
- 1 cup diced tinned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tinned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 ground coriander
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets small
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place diced capsicum, cucumber, red onion and coriander into a bowl. Add the juice from half a lime and stir well, then set the salsa aside.
- Heat olive oil in fry pan, add chicken breast fillets and brown on both sides.
- Place browned chicken into food processor and blitz until chicken shreds (will only take a couple of seconds).
- Return chicken to the fry pan and add the diced tomatoes, spices, black beans and lime zest.
- Simmer on medium/low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place shredded chicken on base of wholemeal pita and top with fresh salad and Parmesan cheese.
350 calories per serve
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge for over 4,500 DELICIOUS recipes!
Are you wanting to shift the baby weight and blast tummy fat? Then join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Our Challenge is designed by mums for MUMS to help them lose weight through healthy eating plans and exercise.
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.