Mexican Style Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bake
Looking for a quick and easy lunch or dinner that’s packed with plenty of flavour? Check out this Mexican Style Sweet Potato and Black Bean Bake.
If you’re a fan of all things Mexican, you’re going to love this healthy bake which pairs creamy sweet potato with protein-rich black beans and tangy avocado. YUM!
Love Mexican food? Check out the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge have access to loads of recipes like Pork Fajitas and healthy Chicken Quesadillas. Enjoy our Mexican beans recipe!
- 600 g sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 400 g tin black beans drained
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place sweet potato on lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Place baked sweet potato into large mixing bowl and add black beans, salsa, carrot and spinach and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top before baking for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve topping each serve with mashed avocado.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Makes 4 serves at 390 calories per serve
Want more recipes? Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Want to shift your baby weight but feel like you have NO TIME in your day to exercise and eat healthily? That’s where the Healthy Mummy’s 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge can help.
Our Challenge entails:
- 28 days of at home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding friendly meal plans
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes.
To find out more on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge click here.