Man-friendly mini meat pies
Cook up a healthy but hearty meal today that the whole family will enjoy – this healthy recipe come directly from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes – and we have over 4,000 of recipes!
- cooking oil spray
- 50 g lean beef mince
- 1/4 carrot 17.5 grams
- 1/4 spring onion 25 grams
- 1/2 tomato 50 grams
- 1 tbsp tomato paste 20 grams
- 1 tbsp water 20 mls
- 1 tsp plain wholemeal flour 2.5 grams
- 1/4 slice reduced-fat puff pastry 42 grams
- 1 tsp reduced-fat milk of choice 5 mls
- 1/2 cup rocket lettuce 15 grams
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cut a whole pastry sheet into quarters (1/4 is used per serve).
- Dice the carrot and tomato and slice the spring onion.
- Spray a saucepan with cooking oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mince and cook until browned.
- Add the carrots, tomato, spring onion and tomato paste. Sprinkle the flour into pan and stir to combine. Stir through water and simmer mixture for 5 minutes over low heat, adding a bit more water if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pie filling into a small ramekin (use an individual ramekin per serve) and cover each ramekin with the quarter sheet of puff pastry. Pierce pastry with a fork to allow steam from filling to release whilst cooking.
- Brush pastry with milk and bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden. Baking time may need to be adjusted if cooking more than one serve.
- Serve with some fresh rocket leaves on the side.
269 calories per serve
Loved this recipe? This one come directly from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge recipes – you can get access to over 4,000 family-friendly recipes and meal plans.