Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower and Chilli Pasta Bake
Nothing says comfort food like pasta bake, and this one packs a nutritious punch.
Crowding out your pasta dish with added extras such as chickpeas and veggies means that you can enjoy the meals you love without overdoing your portion sizes.
This delicious pasta bake recipe can easily be modified to suit the whole family – remove the chilli or add some cooked chicken if you like.
Why not bake a double batch and freeze one family sized portion to reheat for a busy night?
This recipe comes directly from the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge.
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups wholemeal pasta any shape
- 200 grams tinned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 1/2 small red chilli deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and combine with the oil, paprika, cumin and ground coriander.
- Spread over the prepared tray and roast for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- When both the cauliflower and pasta are cooked combine together in a baking dish. Toss through the sultanas, drained chickpeas and chilli.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and the bake is hot.
- Divide into 4 portions, 1 portion is 1 serve.
397 calories per serve
Each month our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is themed, targeting things like reducing sugar, budget recipes, meals for fussy eaters, recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and many more.
You can find out the theme of this month’s challenge HERE.