Mountain Bread Lasagne Just 280 Calories
Fancy a healthier take on traditional lasagne? This recipe foregoes the usual pasta in favour of Mountain Bread – meaning you can enjoy the delicious flavours with much fewer calories.
Thank you to Amy Stevens for sending in this family friendly recipe.
Why not make a batch and keep the leftovers in the freezer for a quick lunch option?
Members of the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge will know that nothing is off limits – we just have healthier versions of all of your favourites.
Think meatballs, burgers, pizzas and curry – all made healthy to enjoy while you lose weight. Join the next challenge HERE.
- 500 grams lean beef mince
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp italian mixed herbs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 690 grams tomato passata
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 500 grams light smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup skim milk you may not need it all
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 wholemeal Mountain Bread Wraps
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sautee onion, garlic, and herbs in the oil on medium heat.
- Once onion starts to go translucent, turn heat to high and add mince.
- Brown the mince until completely cooked through, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add passata and stir thoroughly.
- Turn back down to a medium heat for sauce to simmer and reduce for around 10-15 minutes.
- Make the white sauce by placing the ricotta, Parmesan and milk to a bowl. You may not need all the milk. Mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your meat sauce has thickened remove from heat and assemble your lasagne in a large baking dish.
- In an oven proof dish place a thin layer of meat to cover the bottom, then cover with 1 layer of Mountain Bread.
- Next add a thin layer of sauce followed by another Mountain Bread.
- Repeat this step making your final layer the white sauce.
- Sprinkle the top layer with your grated tasty cheese. Bake in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to brown and crisp.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve with steamed veggies or salad.
280 calories per serve