250 calorie one pot beef stroganoff
When you are a busy mum, you need easy to prepare recipes that you know the family will love. This ONE POT Healthy Beef Stroganoff Recipe is perfect. We’ve made some tweaks to the traditional recipe to give it the same great taste with some better-for-you ingredients.
This healthy beef stroganoff recipe comes directly from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge which is designed by mums, for mums. Find out more about how you can lose weight while enjoying the food you love here.
Recipe thanks to Nikki Boswell, Nutritionist.
- 500 g beef rump cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion
- 500 g small mushrooms sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tsp beef stock powder (salt reduced)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste no added salt
- 300 ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce optional
- Over a medium-high heat, spray a large fry pan lightly with oil. Add beef strips to the pan and cook until medium rare. Remove beef from pan and set aside on a clean plate.
- Reduce heat and add diced onion and sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until tender. Add water, stock and tomato paste. Return beef to the pan and stir through.
- Combine lemon juice with Greek yoghurt and add to the pan. Allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes until well combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with a selection of steamed vegetables and mashed potato.
Serves 4 at 250 calories per serve
For more healthy recipes like this (that are made for busy mums), why not join thousands of other women on our next 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge?