Healthy peppermint chocolate hearts
If you find yourself rummaging through the fridge after dinner for a sweet treat, these Peppermint Chocolate Hearts will help satisfy those cravings while still following our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge
Using dark chocolate in this recipe also adds extra health benefits, as if you needed just more more reason to try these delectable bites.
Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants, it can improve blood flow and even provides benefits to expectant mums.
Heart shaped silicone moulds have been used for this recipe but you could use any shape mould you prefer.
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp peppermint essence use more or less, to taste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 1 drop green food colouring
- Mix cream cheese, peppermint essence, maple syrup, food colouring and coconut oil together in a bowl and then set aside
- Melt chocolate using your preferred method
- In a silicone mould (you can use any shape), fill up to a quarter of the way with the melted chocolate, ensuring sides are coated
- Add a dollop of the filling into each chocolate pool
- Fill the moulds the rest of the way with melted chocolate and set in the fridge or freezer
Recipe makes 10 servings
180 calories per serve
Enjoy sweet treats as part of your healthy eating plan with The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges.